• Vodafone’s free range working with Jodie King – read article here
• Why we must include radically investing in women-led ventures to build back stronger – read article here
• BTL: Rachel Smalley on supported “for the first time in a long time” in BTL – read article here
• Hybrid working and the proximity bias: what does it mean for women? – read article here
• Progress not perfection: Companies struggle to hit gender diversity targets: some candid talks from CFC – read article here
We’re full steam ahead in advocating for closing the Gender Pay Gap and breaking the Motherhood Penalty. This year, we’ve been proud to lend our voices to the #BreakTheBias campaign, encapsulated in our open letter to our community.
Agnes and Theresa also talked openly and boldly with Canvas about their experiences with breaking bias and what’s needed to truly advance women and Māori women in the workplace.
We’re one of 20 organisations who supported MindTheGapNZ’s Public Pay Gap Registry. Revealed on International Women’s Day, this registry lists all organisations who have committed to internal pay gap reporting. We encourage you to learn more and sign up your organisation to be one step closer to ensuring pay gap reporting is consistent across all kiwi organisations.
On the topic of firsts, our member Rebecca Percasky’s company, Better Packaging Co, designed the worlds’ first 100% Ocean Bound Plastic mailer bags. This inspiring company also won the Excellence in Sustainability award (sponsored by our Partner ANZ Bank) at GW partner NZTE’s New Zealand International Business Awards 2021. We also saw Global Women member Katherine Korich highly commended in the Inspiring Women Leaders category.
- A panel kōrero was held on International Women’s Day.
We joined GW Chair Theresa Gattung, Chelsea Winstanley, Mark Russell (PwC), and facilitator Wena Harawira to ask: what’s at stake if we don’t close the gap?
>>> Recap here
- Membership Nominations – Close 27 May 5pm NZST
Do you know of any amazing wāhine that would add and draw value from Global Women membership? Nominations are open and close on 27th May.
>>> Click here to submit your nomination
- Global Women AGM (virtual) – Wednesday 6 July
Global Women’s Annual General Meeting will be held virtually on Wednesday 6th July at 12.30pm. Calendar invites will be sent in the coming weeks with further details – keep an eye out for this in your inbox.
We also have a series of webinars coming out shortly – you will receive more information about these in coming weeks!